Monday, November 5, 2007

Well, well, well

So, I just submitted 3 double spaced pages to my sortadvisor. I call this person my sortadvisor because this person isn't exactly my advisor but is doing the job of one anyway.

At any rate, I don't think I'm quite ready to develop my prospectus yet... I still have a lot of reading to do, and I don't have much time to do it in this semester. Sure, I'm currently goofing off, relaxing at home, instead of working myself silly. But, after what happened to me last week, I don't think I can handle being stressed 100% of the time. It sucks.

My current interests are studying the figure of the reader and the practices of rereading in eighteenth-century satire. I've come to the conclusion that I actually enjoy reading satire. I love it. I thought I loved the novel more, but I don't. Satire is just so much more interesting. Who knew? I didn't realize my love for satire until after my prelims. I guess I just learned what prelims are truly good for...

No comments: